Even before you see him, you’ll hear Helder coming. Damn he likes to talk! His internal entertainment system’s “power down” button broke a long time ago.
Possibly one of the friendliest skaters out there, Helder always has time to catch up and talk with other skaters. Originally from the Portuguese city of Lisbon, Helder has begun to seriously power through a tall list of heavy European spots, leaving a continually expanding trail of destruction in his wake. Always keen for a skate on whatever spot is available; Helder gets shit done! First one out of the van and last one in makes Helder invaluable on any tour. From skating, to simply winding down, he can’t leave it alone until till its all done!
- Age: 21
- Hometown: Stuttgart
- Sponsors: Deathwish, Shake Junt, Emerica, Hall Eleven Skate Shop
- Cites: Barcelona, Stuttgart, anything in California
- Spots: everything that you can get yo’ roll on!
- Parks: Monsanto, Lisbon/Amsterdam Skatepark and Lake Forest
- Albums: any Janis Joplin, all Smiths, any Bob Dylan
- Van tunes: Bob Dylan, Ozzy and all kinds of country
- Video Parts: all Leo Romero!
- Essential tour items: iPod, book, cell phone
- People to skate with: Rob Maatman, Eniz Fazliov and me
- Inspirational skateboarders: Leo Romero, Andrew Reynolds, Bryan Herman
- Food: pizza, steak with mushrooms and fries, Portuguese sushi
- Books: “One Piece” by Eiichiro Oda, “Dragon Ball” by Akira Toriyama and Mia Couto (Mozambican author)
- Bars: Matari, Stuttgart/ Bairro Alto, Lisbon, Manolo, Barcelona
- Things that make you happy: my girlfriend, my skateboard, my life
- Things that piss you off: being hurt, breaking boards straight away, getting mad with the bros
- Reasons you skate for Emerica: they support me, they have the best shoes and I love it