Tom Knox is the newest member of the Emerica EU team—and for good reason. Based out of the Hornsey Borough of London, he was raised on the physically rugged streets of the UK capital—the type of conditions that breed a skateboarder who can quickly adapt to any environment.
It was only a matter of time before eagle-eyed Blueprint Skateboards noticed Tom’s abilities and eagerly swept him under their wing. Tom is currently traveling Europe, filming and shooting towards various projects. If you ever bump into him, ask him what he’s listening to and we bet you a beer that it’s Paul Simon.
- Age: 20
- Hometown: London, England
- Sponsors: Blueprint, Emerica, Analog, Destructo, Lost Art skate shop
- Cites: London, Berlin, Edinburgh
- Spots: The Shell centre, St Paul’s walkway, Pimlico 3 up-6 down.
- Parks: Cantalowes, Stockwell, Cantalowes
- Albums: Paul Simon “There Goes Rhymin’ Simon,” Leonard Cohen “Live Songs,” Dick Gaughan “A Different Kind of Love Song”
- Van tunes: John Lennon “Watching the Wheels,” Outcast “Hey Ya,” Bob Dylan “ Freight Train Blues”
- Video Parts: Toby Shaull Landscape Skateboards “Portraits,” Nick Jensen Blueprint “LAF,” Austyn Gillette Habitat “Origin”
- Essential tour items: toothbrush, arnica cream, skateboard
- People to skate with: Neil Smith, Dan Clarke, Macky
- Inspirational skateboarders: Heath Kirchart, Paul Shier, The Gonz
- Food: fried chicken, olives, shepherd’s pie
- Books: Haven’t got round to reading three yet.
- Bars: The Faltering Fallback, Bar 24
- Things that make you happy: friends, family, skateboarding
- Things that piss you off: bad weather, security guards, girls
- Reasons you skate for Emerica: Amazing shoes, cool people, good times